Easter (Danny if you haven't received your package don't read this.)
Arrrrg! I did another package and totally forgot to take a pic of it before I taped it up! I always do that, I get so excited to get it in the mail that I literally remember right after i've taped it up and addressed it. Hopefully Danny will remember to take a pic before he tears into it this time... lol usually he's too excited :P! For Easter I wanted to do something a little more spiritual and special for him. A good friend of mine sent me an email of small symbols corresponding with scriptures about the resurrection. I found some cool blue camo Easter eggs and put the scripture along with is corresponding symbol inside of each egg. There are ten in all, and then in the 11th I added a short testimony of the risen Lord. Here are the scriptures and symbols:
1. And he went a little further, and fell on his face and prayed, saying O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. Matthew 26: 30 (sacrament cup)
2. When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death: And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Ponitus Pilate the governor. Matthew 27:1-2 (rope)
3. When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it. Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children. Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified. Matthew 27:24-26 (piece of soap)
4. And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe. And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head. Matthew 27:28-30 (piece of scarlet robe)
5. And after that they had mocked him; they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him. And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross. (Matthew 27:31-32 (cross)
6. And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots. And sitting down they watched him there. Matthew 27:35-36 (dice)
7. And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, an put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. Matthew 27:48 (sponge)
8. Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. Matthew 27:50 (nail to remember His sacrifice)
9. And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulcher, and departed.
Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.
So they went and made the sepulcher sure, sealing the stone, and setting a watch. Matthew 27:60,65-66 (rock)
10. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Matthew 28:6 (empty egg)
Sooo ya, I sent him that along with April's Ensign. I also found a GIANT easter egg at Target that I thought was way cute, I got him a green one and filled that with candies to ship as well. I got him an Eastry type tie too, (he doesn't have many) and sent that along with his Easter package.
This week I spent a few hours baking baking baking! Danny's favorite cookie is peanut butter, so I made him a bunch of peanut butter cookies, some chocolate chip cookies, as well as a batch of no-bake cookies (upon request.) My chocolate chip did NOT turn out! What a bummer. I have had trouble with that recipe ever since I moved back home.. elevation maybe? I'm no sure but I don't think I can use that one here. Anyway. I hope they got to him fresh! Mom had baked a fresh batch of honey wheat loaves the day I baked up the cookie storm so I included that as well! He says it wasn't moldy by the time it got there but.... i'm not sure how it couldn't have been!
Danny's Birthday is March 28th, he's turning 24! I'm glad we're going to be the same age again, haha i'm 7 months older.. and he graduated TWO years after I did! My mom actually picked up a bunch of treats for Danny and she wrapped them all in YELLOW wrapping paper. I haven't decided what present to get him... he's hard to buy for and I have run out of idea's already! We're doing a "Box of Sunshine" themed package as many of you have seen on Pinterest and my friend Jaimee did for her sister on a mission. Here are some pics!
Instead of the traditional birthday card we wrote on blown up balloons and then deflated them! So he has to blow them up to read his birthday message!
I don't know why this pics are being freaking retarded and I can't get them where I want so sorry...
March 17 marks our ONE YEAR anniversary. Yes, I am very sad we are not going to be together for it, we just will have to make the next one extra special! For our anniversary I designed a book of our wedding photo's for him through MyPublisher.
They have bogo deals for new customers as well as other bogo deals going on ALL of the time. It was fun to make him something personal to remind him of our special day. I was really pleased! I thought for my first one it turned out pretty nice. I would only say make sure you have good quality photo's, I had trouble uploading a couple photo's from our wedding disk so I took them off of Facebook and those ones turned out pretty blurry, but other than that it was really nice! It cost me about 60$ for two books and it has 20+ pages.
Preparing for the birth of our baby is fun, but doing it without Danny can be difficult. Especially when it comes to explaining the HypnoBirthing classes, the birth process, or just helping him to also prepare to be a parent. So I sent him one little Calvin Klein onsie that had vintage cars on it (SO Danny) and one teeny teeny newborn diaper. I also included a copy of the HypnoBirthing book, in which I had highlighted and written notes in. That way he can turn to what i'm talking about and we can be "on the same page..." literally... I also made copies of some of the handouts. I'm lucky he's so willing to learn along with me and understand the birth process so he can support me and be my advocate during labor. Knowledge is power people! He's going to get so much crap for having that book.. poor sweetie, I made sure to use a pink highlighter too :D !
Of course I also included some little treats and snacks as usual, as well as some pictures he requested to hang in his work space. I also sent one of the mints we served at our wedding reception, they had our names printed on them and the date, I had saved two so we could have them on our first anniversary.
For Valentines I did the "52 Reasons I Love You" stack of face cards as many of you have probably seen on Pinterest. It was cheap, personal, and really fun to make! Thank you Pinterest!
Along with the typical cliche candies and goofy romantic card I also sent him a pillow with my face printed on it! HA!!! Ya, I know so awesome. I had him pick his favorite photo of me (he had a hard time narrowing it down to even three lol) then I had it printed onto a pillow through Wal Mart. He had no idea what I was doing with the pic and it was a fun little surprise! And it shipped surprisingly fast...
Lol... ya its funny, and kind of embarrassing :P I need to have him take a pic of it now that its out of the plastic. I shipped it like that so i t wouldn't get ruined. A little bit of me to go to sleep with :D He said one night he woke up and realized it had fallen off of his top bunk onto the floor, poor guy panicked worrying someone may have seen it hehe :0)
I didn't take a pic but I also sent him a bunch of treats with little sayings on them that I found on Pinterest. Like a bottle of Mountain Dew that said "I'd dew anything for you." Jerky- 'Sorry I'm a jerk sometimes", you know, just a bunch of little snacks and goodies like that.
I also included some photo's, baby ultrasound photo's, and an envelope of spiritual things. A copy of my testimony, a poem I wrote about Christ and a few other uplifting more spiritual little things.