test

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Starting Baby's Library

I'm sure all of you who have children and hope to have children have that "list" in your mind of what you want to do or how you want to be as a parent.  Having my major being child development my list was pretty long! But, for some reason... with the deployment and having our first baby here in Idaho living at my parents house I hadn't given those things I wanted for my child and wanted to be as a mother much thought lately! (Sounds so silly I know but the circumstances just allowed those things to kind of slip out of my mind!) One thing on my list was to have books for my children! I LOVE books. I want to read to them daily and foster in them a love of literature and language.  I have wanted to start collecting my favorites for years, before I even met Danny but, when you're struggling to buy  groceries you're seldom going to go hunt down that favorite childhood books! Plus i'm a book snob and wanted them in hardback. :P Last week I started searching for my favorites on amazon and purchases a few of them used. I just thought i'd share my favorites with you all as I receive them.  If you have ones you consider "must haves" add a comment! I'd love to hear! I've kind of been considering making my baby shower a book for baby shower... I just thought that would be so awesome to see what everyone chose... and then my children could use them forever instead of growing out of an outfit in a week! Anyway, still thinking about it, let me know what you think :)

Heckedy Peg
Don and Audrey Wood


Llama Llama Red Pajama
By Anna Dewdney 





King Bidgood's In the Bathtub 
By Don and Audrey Wood 

A Bad Case of Stripes 
By David Shannon


Piggies 
By Don and Audrey Wood

 
(I got this as a board book, so excited!)

The Napping House
By Don and Audrey Wood 




I also ordered a set of board books by Sandra Boynton in a mini box set:

Pajama Time


Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs

Barnyard Dance 


 The Very Hungry Caterpillar 
By Eric Carle 

Your Personal Penguin 
Sandra Boynton 














No comments:

Post a Comment