test

Friday, June 20, 2014

My Favorite Protein Pancakes

I've tried a few clean protein pancakes and this recipe is by far my favorite. It's low calorie, whole grain, gluten free, and easy to make!  It's berry season so I'm still posting recipes that include blueberries, have to get those little antioxidant rich fruits in. Of course by the time I thought of taking a pic I was half way through eating them… once again, next time!

Oat N' Berry Filling Protein Pancake 

1 Cup Rolled Oats 
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
2 Eggs 
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1/8  tsp cinnamon 
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/3 Cup Almond Milk
1 tsp baking powder 
1 Cup blueberries 

Grind rolled oats in a blender or food processor to make oat flour. I just throw them in my Ninja. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Heat griddle or frying pan to 350, spray pan with cooking spray before cooking. 

The batter is about 700 Cal total, I was able to get 5 decent sized pancakes out of it. 140 Cal each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment